Instruments and Equipment
The occupational competencies that a student enrolled in veterinary Assistant I & II in the area of Instruments and Equipment are listed below. The student is expected to attempt only some of the following skills while participating in community classroom at their site.
* Identifies names and uses of instruments included in a basic instrument surgical pack.
* Identifies major purpose of surgical instruments.
* Sets up and maintains a cold instrument tray.
* Uses and correctly maintains a microscope.
* Uses and correctly maintains centrifuge.